Paris. When you hear the word Paris you’ll surely think about the iconic Eiffel Tower or The City of Love.
Well I’ll be sharing a bit about my trip there and some apps that might help you in getting around in Paris.
Well I went to Paris from London. I was having a trip there so why not go to Paris?
I got there by train that is quite special as it goes below the sea and underground. Cool isn’t it crossing the sea while taking the train? It was a 3 hour trip from London St Pancras International to Paris Gare du Nord. The trip by Eurostar costs £180 per person (adult).
For accommodation in Paris, I booked from Booking.com . The site offers a range of hotels that suites your needs and budget. Just enter the required details to narrow down your search.
Useful apps to get around Paris:
- Paris Metro (provides tube map and route planner)
- Next Stop Paris App (it shows tourist attractions, metro map, maps and ticket prices)
- Paris Offline Map App (useful when there’s no internet to search for directions)
- Ulmon Paris App (provides tourist information and offline maps)
Going around Paris using public transport:
- You’ll need to buy the tickets for either for one day or a week either at the ticket counter or the kiosk. (Friendly tip, don’t place the ticket near your phone it could make your ticket unreadable)
Having to be in Paris, of course you need to go to the tourist attractions:
Going up the Eiffel Tower is definitely a chance of a lifetime and I grabbed it get your tickets now!
2. Norte Dame Cathedral Paris A world famous church built 8 centuries ago
A large glass and metal pyramid surrounded by three smaller pyramids, near Louvre Palace.
4. Louvre Palace/Palais du Louvre (residences of kings and emperors of France that now houses one of the most stunning collections of artworks in the world)
A key place of major national events that is inspired by Roman Arch of Titus.
Paris is definitely a breathtaking place to visit with beautiful and historic buildings all around. Visiting a place that is iconic is definitely a dream come true for me.
Even though it’s great to visit the tourist attractions you have to beware of pickpockets. So take some precautions and make sure all your precious belongings are with you all the time.
Nevertheless, have fun in Paris! Bon Voyage!
Here’s some pictures from my travels there: